We all works for 8 hrs a day to earn money, but never be happy or satisfied with that salary.
Why this happens to us, even though we are giving proper time to the work, although we are working very hard.
The simple answer is that we are not using our skills in the proper way. Where as can get our dream salary for that the same 8 hrs of work.
Its not easy also not tough to achieve. We always try to stay in our comfort zone, and never try to come out from that zone and improves our skills.
Just only by improving your programming skill you can get the salary what you have never expected or dreamed.
But the question arises in our mind, how can we improve our programming skills ?
We are not getting the good work in company, our work is boring or there is no learning in the current project.
In that situations we definitely become dull and we looses our existing skills also.
Here I am trying to motivate and guide you all, how you can improve your skill in that difficult situations.
First of all programming is not all about to just create a website or any application with the expected functionalities.
Programming is just a reasoning to build the functionalities in the smartest way.
A Best programming means, it can achieve following :
- Highly scalibility
- Loosely Coupled logic
- Less memory usage
- Fastest in performance
- No functionality break
- Code re-usability
Ask form ourselves, do we really keep in mind while programming ? The answer to the most programmers will be no, we just achieve the functionality that's all.
That's the main reason why we are getting the less salary as per our expected.
Don't be demotivated, just follow my words, will definitely get a boost in your salary by improving your programming skills.
Tip for improving programming skill:
1. Don't start programming, if the requirement is not fully clear or the project requirement is not freezed.
- It damages our programming skill in present as well in future, when we will go for support or maintaining the same application in future.
- So first get full information of the work, then analyse the current available approaches to achieve that functionality
- Always try to start work with a architecture and a flow diagram.
2. Participate in coding competitions:
Participating in coding competitions helps us in increasing our coding skill, you have to compete with the professional programmers over the world, so always have to think out of box to get the prize.
3. Follow design patterns:
While programming always try to implement the design patterns, every design pattern is made for the different types of applications , so first analyse about the requirements and pic the right design patterns.
There are mainly three types of design patterns:
- Creational: Creational design patterns are the Factory Method, Abstract Factory, Builder, Singleton, Object Pool, and Prototype.
- Structural: Structural design patterns are Adapter, Bridge, Composite, Decorator, Facade, Flyweight, Private Class Data, and Proxy.
- Behavioral: Behavioral patterns are Chain of responsibility, Command, Interpreter, Iterator, Mediator, Memento, Null Object, Observer, State, Strategy, Template method, Visitor
4. Follow coding standards:
There are some coding standard principals available to follow while coding like SOLID principles.
5. Follow naming conventions:
Naming conventions should always to be cared of while declaring any variable.
6. Try to review your code with the seniors
Ask your senior to review your code, doing this you will get the right guide from the experienced developers.
7. Write unit test cases:
Always write the unit test cases for the code you Ihave written, so that you can easily track the bug or fault , while any changes comes.
8. Always do unit testing :
Always give time in unit testing before marking done to the task, unit testing should be the part of each functionality you implemented in the application.
9. Reuse code at multiple places:
Write the logic for common functionality in the shared or in the service, then use DI (dependency Injection) to implement the common piece of code.
10. Garbage collection:
Memory should be released when there is no use of the variable or object. It should the common habit of the programmer, which this is the main trick which makes the application faster in the performance.
11. Use Data structure:
Data structure is the backbone of a application. Without using this your application cannot be scalable. So try to implement data structure in every logic you write.
12. Solve reasoning questions:
One way to improve the thinking and solving skills , is to solve the puzzles, aptitude, reasoning questions in your leisure time. This makes the brain sharp and improves the solving skill.
13. Solve programming interview questions:
In some interview there is some programming test, so try to get the sample questions from the internet and solve them in your free time, so that you will be prepare for interview as well your programming skill will enhance.
14. Write algorithms:
Writing algorithms to solve any functionality is the best thing to enhance your coding skills.
15. Do some freelancing projects:
If you are not getting the interested work in the organization, go for the freelancing or part time jobs, which will help you to be update with technology as well your skills will be developed.
About the author :