SSIS Checkpoint is very useful feature.
You can restart the package from point of failure instead of running whole package by using checkpoint in SSIS package.
If you are Loading big data or big file , you can use checkpoint property.
Checkpoint in SSIS Package:
You can select the Connection Type as OLE DB Connection to connect with SQL database .
Update EmployeeDestination set Name=AAA' where ID=1
Update EmployeeDestination set Name='AAA' where ID=1
Now you can see, Data Flow Task and Execute SQL Task has successfully executed.But We have re-executed the whole package .
In this situation, you can use checkpoint to start the package from point of failure.
Steps to Configure Checkpoint in SSIS package:
1) Right click on Package , Properties window will open.
2) Now create a new file as ‘Checkpoints information’ into D drive to save the checkpoint information.
3) Now You can select “CheckpointUsage” property as IfExists.
There are some Checkpoint usage:
Never: Package does not use the Checkpoint.
IfExists: If exists the information ,Package uses checkpoint information. If not, it skips using it.
Always: Package always use checkpoint information. If it doesn’t have the information, it will throw an error.
4) Now You can save the checkpoint as “TRUE”.
5) Now You can set “FailPackgaeOnFailure” as “TRUE”.
6) Now run the application, You can see only Execute SQL task executed.
7) Open SSMS to check the result .
If you want to sell your readymade software to the genuine clients or businessman, list your software with details and demo links.
Clients will find it using our advanced search filter and will contact you directly.
No any charge for the product lsiting.