Data Conversion transformation is common transformation and It is used to change data type of column. It works as SQL- Function Convert .
For this transformation,We are explaining the example How to change data type of column by using Data Conversion Transformation.
Steps to change the data type of column using Data Conversion transformation:
In previous articles, We have explained to open BIDS and create a package. Now we are going to explain how to use Data Conversion Transformation.
1) Drag and drop OLE DB Source, Data Conversion Transformation and OLE DB Destination from SSIS toolbox into data flow tab.
2) Now Double click on OLE-DB source, OLE-DB source editor window will open and need to select table.
3) Click on the columns tab to check the columns and click on “ok” button.
4) Double Click on Data Conversion, Data Conversion Transformation Editor will open to convert data type of Input Column to different data type.
Lets suppose, Data type of “Name” column is Varchar(50)but you need to convert into nvarchar(50) , select data type of Input Column and change length also based on your requirement.
5) Double Click on OLE DB destination , OLE DB destination editor window will open to configuration table in which we need to convert data of OLE DB source.
6) Click on the Mappings tab to check the columns.
7) Click on “Ok” button to complete the configuration and execute the package to check the result in database.
8) Open SQL Server Management Studio to check the output.
If you want to sell your readymade software to the genuine clients or businessman, list your software with details and demo links.
Clients will find it using our advanced search filter and will contact you directly.
No any charge for the product lsiting.