Derived Column Transformation is common transformation and It is used to create new columns or replace existing columns with values calculated from expressions.
For this transformation,We are explaining the example How to replace existing column by using Derived Column Transformation.
Steps to replace existing column using Derived Column transformation:
1) Drag and drop OLE DB Source, Derived Column Transformation and OLE DB Destination from SSIS toolbox into data flow tab.
2) Now Double click on OLE-DB source, OLE-DB source editor window will open and need to select table.
3) Click on the columns tab to check the columns and click on “ok” button.
4) Double Click on Derived Column, Derived Column Transformation Editor will open to
Specify the expression used to create new column or update existing column.
ØYou want to use “Name” column in Upper Case,used expression which are shown in screenshot.
ØAssign 50000 default value to salary column.
5) Double Click on OLE DB destination , OLE DB destination editor window will open to configuration table in which we have used Derived Column and existing columns.
6) Click on the Mappings tab to check the columns.
7) Click on “Ok” button to complete the configuration and execute the package to check the result in database.
8) Open SQL Server Management Studio to check the output.
If you want to sell your readymade software to the genuine clients or businessman, list your software with details and demo links.
Clients will find it using our advanced search filter and will contact you directly.
No any charge for the product lsiting.