File System Task in SSIS is used to perform operations on Files or directories on server.
For Example : If you want to create , delete, copy, move directory of files, you can create the File System Task in SSIS.
There are following operation and their description which performs by this task in SSIS.
Copy Folder from one location to another location
Copy File from one location to another location
Create Directory at particular location
Delete Directory from particular location
Delete directory Content
Delete Contents present in particular folder.
Delete file from particular location
Move Folder from one location to another location
Move File from one location to another location
Move File from one location to another location and then rename that file.
Set attributes on file or folder
For this Task,We are explaining the example How to configure File System Task in SSIS.
Steps to configure File System Task in SSIS:
Step 1: Drag and drop File System Task from SSIS toolbox into control flow tab.
Step 2: Now Double click on File System Task , File System Task editor window will open .
Step 3 : Once File System Task Editor will open, You can see There are two tabs in left side of Editor.
General Tab in File System Task :
In this tab, You can configure below properties of this task :
1) Name : You can change the File System task Name from here.
2) Description : You can provide brief description for Task.
3) Operation : In this tab, You can select operation as per your requirement . There are 10 operation which described in above table.
Here we have selected “Copy File” operation.
4) IsSorcePathVariable : In this tab, By default is False and we need to select path using Source connection . you can set as True, source path exists in Source variable.
If this is false, Source Connection property will be appeared.
If this is true, Source variable property will be appeared.
Here we have selected Source Connection Property and browse existing .txt file to copy that on particular destination.
5) IsDestinationPathVariable : In this tab, By default is False and we need to select path where we have to copy that file using destination connection . you can set as True, destination path exists in destination variable.
If this is false, Destination Connection property will be appeared.
If this is true, Destination variable property will be appeared.
Here we have selected Destination Connection Property and browse Created file where we need to create the file.
6) OverwriteDetination: In this tab, By default is False . you can set as True, the File System Task overwrite the existing files in the Destination path.
Expression Tab in File System Task :
You can use the expression in this tab.You can select Property Expression for which you want to specified the expression. There are listed out some properties in drop down of Property Expression.
Here is final look of File System Task Editor.Now Execute the package.
If you want to sell your readymade software to the genuine clients or businessman, list your software with details and demo links.
Clients will find it using our advanced search filter and will contact you directly.
No any charge for the product lsiting.