Percentage Sampling transformation in SSIS is similar to TOP keyword in SQL Server. This transformation selects given percentage of rows from the data source and transfer it to destination using selected output Name option and the remaining rows will be transferred to other destination using unselected output name option .
For example if the input has 500 rows and if You want to specify 10 as percentage sample then the transformation returns 10% records from the source and transfer it to destination.
For this transformation,We are explaining the example How to divide the transformation input into sample using Percentage Sampling Transformation.
Steps to divide the data using Percentage Sampling Transformation:
In previous articles, We have explained to open BIDS and create a package. Now we are going to explain how to use Percentage Sampling Transformation.
1) Drag and drop OLE DB Source, Percentage Sampling Transformation and 2 Flat file Destinations from SSIS toolbox into data flow tab.
2) Now Double click on OLE-DB source, OLE-DB source editor window will open and need to select table.
3) Click on the columns tab to check the columns and click on “ok” button.
4) Double click on the Percentage Sampling , Percentage Sampling Transformation editor window will open to to divide the transformation input into sample and leftovers output.
Here we given percentage as 20 % to insert 20% data in Flat file 1 and remain will be insert into other Flat file.
5) Drag and drop arrow to connect Percentage Sampling with Flat file Destination, Input Output Selection window will open.
6) Double Click on Flat file destination , Flat file destination editor window will open to configuration table in which we need to insert data of OLE DB source.
7) Click on the Mappings tab to check the columns.
8) Click on “Ok” button to complete the configuration and execute the package to check the result .
If you want to sell your readymade software to the genuine clients or businessman, list your software with details and demo links.
Clients will find it using our advanced search filter and will contact you directly.
No any charge for the product lsiting.