Row Sampling transformation in SSIS is used to select given number of rows from the data source and transfer it to destination using selected output Name option and the remaining rows will be transferred to other destination using unselected output name option .
For example if the input has 500 rows and if you want to specify 400 number of rows then the transformation returns 400 records from the source and transfer it to destination and rest will be transferred into other destination.
For this transformation,We are explaining the example How to divide the transformation input into sample using Row Sampling Transformation.
Steps to divide the data using Row Sampling Transformation:
In previous articles, We have explained to open BIDS and create a package. Now we are going to explain how to use Row Sampling Transformation.
1) Drag and drop OLE DB Source, Row Sampling Transformation and 2 OLE DB Destinations from SSIS toolbox into data flow tab.
2) Now Double click on OLE-DB source, OLE-DB source editor window will open and need to select table.
3) Click on the columns tab to check the columns and click on “ok” button.
4) Double click on the Row Sampling , Row Sampling Transformation editor window will open to to divide the transformation input into sample and leftovers output.
Here we given 2 number of rows to insert 2 records in OLE DB Destination 1 and remain will be inserted into other OLE DB Destination.
5) Drag and drop arrow to connect Row Sampling with OLE DB Destinations, Input Output Selection window will open.
6) Double Click on OLE DB destination , OLE DB destination editor window will open to configuration table in which we need to insert data of OLE DB source.
7) Click on the Mappings tab to check the columns.
8) Double Click on OLE DB destination 1 , OLE DB destination editor 1 window will open to configuration table in which we need to insert data of OLE DB source.
9) Click on “Ok” button to complete the configuration and execute the package to check the result .
10) Open SSMS to check the result.
If you want to sell your readymade software to the genuine clients or businessman, list your software with details and demo links.
Clients will find it using our advanced search filter and will contact you directly.
No any charge for the product lsiting.