Sort transformation is common transformation and It is used to sort data in ascending or descending order like “ORDER BY”. This transformation has One Input and One Output.
For this transformation,We are explaining the example How to sort data of sources by using Sort Transformation.
Steps to sort the data using Sort transformation:
In previous articles, We have explained to open BIDS and create a package. Now we are going to explain how to use Sort Transformation.
1) Drag and drop OLE DB Source, Sort Transformation and OLE DB Destination from SSIS toolbox into data flow tab.
2) Now Double click on OLE-DB source, OLE-DB source editor window will open and need to select table.
3) Click on the columns tab to check the columns and click on “ok” button.
4) Double click on the Sort Transformation, Sort Transformation editor window will open to specify the columns to sort and set their sort order.
In above screenshot, We have selected two columns(“Name” and “Salary”) and set their Sort type as “Ascending” order. Now Data will be sorted by “Name” and “Salary” in ascending order.
Remove rows with duplicate sort values: If you select this option, This Transformation will remove duplicate records otherwise It will copy all the columns, including duplicate rows.
5) Double Click on OLE DB destination , OLE DB destination editor window will open to configuration table in which we need to sort data of OLE DB source.
6) Click on the Mappings tab to check the columns.
7) Click on “Ok” button to complete the configuration and execute the package to check the result in database.
8) Open SQL Server Management Studio to check the output.
If you want to sell your readymade software to the genuine clients or businessman, list your software with details and demo links.
Clients will find it using our advanced search filter and will contact you directly.
No any charge for the product lsiting.